Friday, July 31, 2009

Last Day of 4-H Fair

It was the last "show" day of 4-H Fair and I can honestly say, even though we weren't there nearly as much as some people, we are totally exhausted. I am so, so, so glad we opted not to bring Stanley the horse. All the horses there looked so exhausted today - and today was games - meaning speed. I doubt any of them could move as fast as they could have on Monday.

Horses: Tomorrow after we do our cleaning up duty at fair we will spend the late afternoon bathing Stanley and banding his mane for the show on Sunday. We already clipped him today so other than maybe a touch up on the whiskers, he should be good to go!

Motocross: The boys leave tomorrow for MPX. Motocross Boy has practice tomorrow and then racing on Sunday. I hate it when we have one kid in one place and the other in another. But for August, that's what happens 2 out of 4 of our "show/race" dates.

School: I've been thinking about lists a lot. I even printed out a list of lists I should be keeping. I'm kind of scaring myself. I'm also thinking about spending a good chunk of my free time next week making lesson plans. That's scary too.

No comments: