Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Morning

Motocross: This was the look on Motocross Boy's face when he got his first dirt bike a few years ago. Daddy had picked it up from a place not too far from our cottage, sneaking out early one morning while we were all lazing around watching old movies or doing puzzles. He backed in the driveway so the bike was facing the house then came in and told the then Hockey Boy to look out the window. Luckily I knew what was happening and had the camera ready!

Racing on the big, big track was a little intimidating yesterday and he didn't do his best but he had a lot of fun - and that's the most important thing!

Horses: We were at the 4-H fair until about 7 last night. With tiny little showers off and on all day between clear blue skies, it opened up and poured during the opening ceremony. Figures. The one point in the day that almost everyone is OUTSIDE and not in one barn or another the rain really comes down. It didn't last long though and blew over fast.

I wore my Ipod with the Treadmill/pedometer gadget and even though we didn't do a whole lot of anything but help out here and there and watch, I walked almost 2 miles. Fun gadget! I'll wear it all week and see how many miles add up. I also plan to get pictures of fair. The kids did a great job setting up all the stalls and the exhibits look great. Equestrian Girl will exhibit her barn style bird house tomorrow (that she finished last night) and a couple of photography exhibits.

Homeschooling: I almost cracked up last night when Motocross Boy volunteered to help at fair today so he didn't have to do school work. Considering I didn't have any specific school work prepared for today, I took his deal!

No comments: