Sunday, August 9, 2009

Smokin' Hot...

Today is about one of the hottest days we've had in this unusually cool summer. And since I'm posting a picture of my refrigerator most would probably think I stood in front of it to stay cool. Nope. I cleaned it.

Homeschooling: I literally spent hours and hours Friday night and Saturday getting us organized for the school year. I created over 20 spreadsheets - one for each kid for every subject that gives that state standards and is linked to the curriculum that will be used to meet that standard. I covered Math, Language Arts, Writing (yes, part of Language Arts but I treat is separately), Social Studies, Science, Arts & Music, Health & Fitness, Technology, Spanish and American Government (and I do realize this is part of Social Studies but another one I want to treat separately since it's not really supposed to be taught for 6th & 7th grades). I also created chore charts for everyone. Hehehe...told the kids there is a new sheriff in town!!


No comments: