Saturday, August 22, 2009

Family Time

Last night we met my parents for dinner along with my sister and her boyfriend and her daughter (that's them on the left all sort of hunching over!). The "greeter" at the door agreed to take the picture so nobody would be left out. Our family is in the back and cutting up the middle and of course, my parents are on the right - they leave back for Florida this morning after being here since 4th of July.

Motocross: The boys are packed and ready to leave for MPX this afternoon. The weather forecast for today is perfect - 70 and partly cloudy. Tomorrow will be a bit warmer and sunny which still isn't all that bad. Sure beats 80 or 90! Practice with the rebuilt bike went good so they are pretty pumped and hopefully for a good race.

Horses: Today is beauty parlor day for Stanley. We'll go over to the barn later this afternoon to give him his bath, trim him all up nice, and band his mane. He'll have to suffer the indignities of wearing his pink sleazy hoodie in front of his barn friends for the night until we pick him up in the morning. Madison is hoping for a great day - she's in contention for year end high point and really, really wants to do well!

Homeschooling: A few days ago I was immersed in reviewing Switched on Schoolhouse...now I'm stuck on K12 Curriculum. My oh so traditional schooling of self is rearing it's ugly head and shoving me in this direction. I just have to read 300 more reviews to make sure it's what I want to do!!

No comments: