Monday, August 10, 2009

Motocross Boy

Motocross: One of my goals this year has been to do more with Motocross Boy's motocross pictures. First of all, it's very difficult to take good pictures since 1) he's generally moving very fast and 2) he's usually quite far away. Since I've been messing with Photoshop quite a bit I thought I should work on some motocross pics. I might have even posted this one before in a different form. I learned how to remove the background from a picture and just keep the "object". In this case it's the boy on his 65 cc KTM. Then I used a cookie cutter to cut the arrow out of some black and white checkered background paper. I added some "style" to it and voila! A groovy new picture! I also created a little motocross border to use on another picture when I get around to it. I've been lucky enough to find http://cesstrelle.wordpress.com/ whose website is Scrappy Pony Designs. She has lots of horsey type stuff to use for digital scrapping but I can't talk her into creating motocross stuff and nobody else seems to do it either. Might have to be MY niche if I ever get around to mastering this stuff...

Horses: I have decided our horse is just prone to thrush and I have to deal with it. It's been so dry around here the past couple of weeks his heels were actually TOO dry and were getting hard and cracked so we started moisturizing them (I take better care of my horse's feet than my own by a long shot). By the time the farrier came last Thursday they were looking pretty good and he made them look awesome. And then it rained all weekend and the ol' boy stood around in a muddy paddock for a couple of days and we ignored him because it was raining and hotter than blazes. Last night his feet were packed with mud. When I finally got it all picked out - the thrush was back. Not bad, but starting. Sheesh.

Homeschooling: The kids were invited over to my parent's place yesterday to go swimming with their cousin. That was followed up by a 2:00 eye appointment for Equestrian Girl. By the time they got home after a stop at Costco with Dad, there was little time for school work. Equestrian Girl was actually upset about it - she wants to get it ALL done today. Motocross Boy never even mentioned it. No surprise.

No comments: