Thursday, September 22, 2016

Up North


A couple of weeks ago I had to take a trip up to Boyne for a meeting.  I made a few side stops at interesting shops.  This one was in Gaylord...after winding through the store there was this back stair case leading to a basement filled with more fun junk!

This cool dragon made from steel and rebar was hidden among all the other weird goodies!

After dinner, I found a bench on the beach at the park and enjoyed the sunset and mild breeze.  It was one of those absolutely perfect weather kinds of evenings.  This is right in downtown Boyne City.

I spent a lot of my youth in Boyne City with my cousins.  My uncle owned the Dairy Queen there.  It's changed so much over the years and is much more "upscale" than in the old days.  I don't remember this park being here nor this many nice boats at the marina.  Either way, it was a nice side trip for work!

1 comment:

OnTheBit said...

It looks beautiful! Even though you had to go for work, at least you got to enjoy the trip!