Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Uncomfortable


I think like most middle age mom's of my generation, I'm not all that comfortable with getting my picture taken and even MORE uncomfortable with "selfies".  But as I have looked back over the pictures I have taken, there are so few with me in them and I see the same phenomenon with my own mom, sister, friends.  What's there to be afraid of?  Shouldn't my kids be able to see pictures of me some day and say, "WOW, I'm so glad I have these pictures of my Mom"?  So I might not look all that great to me (and I may still need to erase a few wrinkles before publishing!) but I'm going to make an effort.  I need to be in more pictures in all my glory - even if it's sitting at my desk in the office.


My beautiful niece seems to have the same phobia but for totally different reasons, no doubt.  This is her back to school picture.  Love this kid!


1 comment:

OnTheBit said...

You look great! I don't think it ever hurts to have some extra pictures of yourself lying around! I have learned that overhead lighting (like your office) is usually not the best, but lighting over head combined with a light pointing towards you is a winning combo. Regardless you shouldn't be shy, pictures are great! Plus, with digital pictures you can just delete those that you don't like.