Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rained out.....

We were supposed to be at a horse show all day Saturday.  It didn't quite work out the way we planned.

On Friday we packed up, loaded Stanley and headed to Allegan for a Paint show.  When we got there, we unloaded, set up camp including a tent for Motocross Boy, and got in some practice time.  Then we gave Stanley his bath and started clipping.  The power went out at the barns for a while, but we got the clipping done after dinner.

It was very hot and very humid.  The heat index was 102.  Before 10, everyone headed into the trailers because the bugs were so bad and the A/C inside felt so good.

Unfortunately, I wasn't all that tired yet and had delayed having a sleep inducing cocktail until after my shower which turned out to happen just minutes before the bugs turned into beasts.  Since Scott and Equestrian Girl commandeered the bed, I was left with the couch where the A/C was dripping and a cocktail to drink in the dark by myself.  I don't like to drink alone.

I also don't like Chinese water torture.  At all.

And almost 13 year old boys sleeping in a tent when a monsoon blows in can rob a mom of sleep too.  Especially when he calls at 4:00 a.m. to say he's the only thing holding the tent down.

In my sleep deprived state of mind at 7:30 a.m. when they decided to cancel the show because of the rain and underwater conditions of the arena, I wasn't too bummed.  Now that I've had a nap and some food, I  feel bad that we didn't get to show today.  This would have been Scott's first Paint show with us this year and only 2nd show all season....

No comments: