Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday's Swan Song

The good news: Equestrian Girl got Reserve High Point at her horse show today. The bad news: Motocross Boy took a series of "last" places in his races on Saturday and Sunday.

The good news: I'm so tired I can't see straight. The bad news: I can't see straight.

Horses: The trailering thing went fine - got in the barn driveway far enough that I wasn't hanging into the road and that was good enough. I'll work more on the backing up straight later! Stanley, on the other hand, was less than impressed and didn't want to load. We were running out of tricks when my little bag of fruit snacks did the trick. Or maybe he just knew we weren't giving up so he did. We got to the show late but didn't miss any classes and Equestrian Girl got 4 firsts right out of the gate! The weather held out so we had no rain, bright sunny skies, and wind - lots of wind. Normally I'd complain but it was also pretty warm so the wind felt good and kept the trailer cool too.

Motocross: The boys had a rough night Friday night - some dufus kept his generator running all night with the exhaust pointed right at their trailer. I probably could have slept through it! Saturday night Motocross Boy slept over with a couple of buddies - 3 like hot dogs in the bed - so Scott had the camper to himself and slept like a baby until the storms hit up there! Rain is so incredibly loud on those camper roofs....

Homeschool: Big surprise for the kiddos on Monday - Mommy got creative and they have a unit study on dinosaurs along with a project on family history. My parents arrived from Florida today so when they see them tomorrow they will have LOTS to talk to them about!


No comments: