Monday, July 18, 2016

New Floors!

When I bought this house it had builders grade beige carpet throughout almost the whole house.  It smelled horrible and looked worse.  It was one of the first things we did - tear it all out.  Along with that, we pulled out the linoleum from the bathrooms and kitchen which had badly yellowed.

After rooming about 7 billion staples and nails, I had nice bare floors - perfect for covering up with a nice dark laminate!  The guys that came to install it were very nice and worked fast.  I was so surprised to see how much they got done the first day that I couldn't imagine how it was going to take them 3 days.

The first day had 95% of the living room done.


Most of my bedroom and all of my closet was done.
 
The hallway & closet going to the kid's rooms was done and just a little way into Madison's room on the right.



The next day they finished up pretty early but still got so much done!



 All that was left was a small strip along each side of the kitchen going into the pantry!!



I love it!  I still have to install the shoe molding but it looks so awesome!


No comments: