Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Accomplishment


I've always gotten a strong sense of accomplishment from being able to do things that I wasn't so sure I could do and this was one of them.

When I moved the clothes dryer from the old house to the new house, I had no idea that a different type of electrical cord would be involved, but when I went to plug it in, I quickly realized that the plug with the three wires that connected to the three "things" on the dryer also meant that the plug only had three prongs.  My outlet required 4.




This is what I needed.  The problem was - how do you know which wire goes where when there are only three places to hook them up?




 I called Mitch's Dad for some help.  He came over and showed me which wire went where but...the cord I bought was a 50 amp and I only needed a 30 amp.  Back to the store.  And nobody would be there to help me with the right cord.  But..but...I did it!!  Following a photo Brian left me, I hooked up all those wires!

Part 2 was less mentally difficult but it still required some work.  I had to wriggle in behind the dryer with it as close the wall as possible, hook up the vet to the dryer and the wall, then wiggle back out so I could push the dryer back.



End result?  It worked!!!

Thank goodness it did because my kitchen was not making a very good "drying room"!



No comments: