Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Intuition, Sixth Sense, ESP

I've never thought of myself as a particularly sensitive person but this weekend might have changed my mind.  For more than a week I was having bad vibes about Labor Day weekend.  We were scheduled to race motocross at one of the toughest tracks in Michigan - one that by far sends out the most people in ambulances.  I was just sure that one of the kids we knew (or mine God forbid) was going to get hurt bad.  I expressed my reservations and really got nowhere besides everyone thinking I was over reacting.

I got home late last night and saw I had missed a message from a coworker but she hadn't left a message.  I thought that was rather odd for her to call me on the weekend since we aren't social friends but didn't spend much time dwelling on it.  This morning I checked my email and hers jumped out at me.  Uh oh.  She even emailed me at home.

My intuition wasn't all that far off.  A man I know quite well, a customer about my age with 2 kids, was killed in a motorcycle accident over the weekend.

Farewell Tim Haggart.  Rest in peace.

No comments: