Saturday, July 21, 2018

Sewing

I recently posted this picture on FaceBook asking how many of my friends that took sewing in home economics class are still sewing now.  There were more than I thought!  Although there were also lots that said they no longer sew at all.  One friend even told me her 21 year old son sews quite a bit!  THAT was a surprise.  Madison took sewing lessons and can do a bit if she tries.

I will admit that I don't enjoy sewing all that much but it's a skill that I'm glass I have.  I think of all the show clothes that I made for Madison over the years, all the curtains I've sewn (as I look up at a piece of fabric hung over my kitchen window with thumbtacks that isn't even hemmed!), the hundreds of pairs of pants I've hemmed along with taking in numerous shirts and jackets.  I've definitely saved myself some money.  Time...maybe not so much so!

In the old house I had a table set up in my office just for sewing.  Maybe I'll have that again some day but for now, it's back on the kitchen table.


I saw this wrap skirt that I loved for $30.  Wrap skirts are so easy to make yourself so off I went to the fabric store.  I saw this fabric and fell in love.  It's a bathing suit type material so easy-peasy!


Not exactly the most flattering of pictures but it turned out cute!


No comments: