Sunday, July 15, 2018

April Flowers...

And finally, APRIL!  I didn't get to ride all that much as the work life balance got horribly lopsided but we did get out a little and made the most of it.

Madison snapped this one in front of the blooming crabapple tree.



I love "between the ears" photos!  The daffodils were blooming but this chestnut tree hasn't even begun to leaf out.


Can you ever take too many sunset pictures when you board at Sunset Oaks?


Love this picture of Maggie and her daughter feeding the baby goats late one evening when the sun was just catching them so perfectly!


Another evening when I came out to ride just in time to see this pretty rainbow in the distance over the back pastures.


My pic in front of the crabapple was so pretty we had to do one of Madison in the same spot!


The bleeding heart planted in front of the barn is so pretty every spring!



With my lack of work/life balance, Madison needed to ride Mata Hari a few times this spring to get her back in shape.  The two still have such a great bond!


Maggie had this stall sign made for me and Mata Hari!


This looks so pitiful but was my crowning achievement this spring.  For two years since moving here I have been trying to get some sweet peas to grow. And VOILA!  I have one tiny sweetpea seedling growing behind this rock!!  It's a tad bigger now that it's July and I'm praying hard it gets big enough to flower and reseed itself.  Even if it doesn't, I have spotted some growing wild that I hope to harvest seeds from this fall to keep trying!


No comments: