Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gotta Brag!


I normally only brag about my own kids but I have to make an exception tonight. This kid, the star QB for University of Michigan who just threw the winning touch down pass against Notre Dame with 11 seconds left in the game, is my cousin. Technically second cousin - his dad Mike is my first cousin.

Except for a few years spent in Georgia, Mike grew up in Michigan playing football. He raised all three of his sons to be quarterbacks and Tate is the youngest. When the oldest, Jason, first came to UofM in late June of his Freshman year, he spent the 4th of July weekend with us...he didn't really know anyone here and though he hadn't seen me since he was about a year old in California, we were family. He told us then, when Tate was only a Freshman in high school, that Tate was the best player of the three brothers and was really going to be someone if he could hold his grades together and stay out of trouble. He was right. The kid is well on his way to being someone!! Even if Equestrian Girl calls him "Tater Tot". LOL!!!



No comments: