Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Accidental Cool...


Horses: I had every intention of getting some pictures of Motocross Boy today...and these aren't even really photos. I was taking some video clips of Equestrian Girl and whenever I would turn into the sun or out of it, I'd get these really cool rainbows! I couldn't see them when I was filming - actually I can't even see the image on the screen except for a shadow because the sun was so bright. But it was also sinking fast and somewhere between these two shots it was straight dead ahead which I think is why I got the cool rainbows.

And since I have the pictures on here, we were working on transitions today. In the first shot he's trotting and in the second he's picking up a lope. We've been working hard on both transitions and his lope and doing very, very well. We've also started to work him at the lope longer and longer distances to make sure he can maintain it for those judges that make them lope forever and ever and ever before they can make up their minds. The next two shows in October should both be pretty big and when the classes are big sometimes the classes last a lot longer as the judges have so many more people to watch.

Motocross: Hmmm. Motocross Boy is working hard on not going to his next race....well, not really but attitude is everything you know!

Homeschooling: Hubby made me a cool t-shirt today....Get HOME Schooled. I love it!! Made them for the kids too so we'll all wear them when we go to the Detroit Science Center when I get our tickets - I won 4 free tickets!!

Speaking of our little field trip, this is one of the great things about homeschooling. You can take as many field trips as you want and YOU get to go on all of them!! It always bugged me when other parents beat me in line to chaperone the fun field trips because I wanted to go on all of them. And of course there were some I couldn't go because I had to work but now I can schedule them on the days I have off. I'm so lucky!


1 comment:

Tracey said...

Cool rainbows!

I'd love to see the shirts!