Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Antique Mall Shopping

Equestrian Girl and I made a pit stop at an Antique Mall we'd been eyeing for a while on our many trips to Findlay.  We spent about two hours browsing and talking about various things we saw.  I did lots of, "Oh I used to have one of those!"  Or, "My Grandma had that!"

This little ironing board was one of the first - of "I had one of those".  I remember it being set up in the basement next to my mom's ironing board.  How crazy that I'm not quite 50 years old and my old toys are now selling as antiques!

Equestrian Girl was wowed by all the old hats.  She wants to marry British Royalty so she will have an excuse to wear cool hats.

One of the coolest things we found was this vintage beaded shawl.  It's draped over a black blouse in the picture but will eventually find its way into a show shirt.  The bottom rows are all fringe.

This is a close up of some of the beading and sequins that were used.

No comments: