Friday, October 16, 2009

Longing for warmer days...

Horses: It's already getting really cold here in Michigan. Surprisingly so and very early. Stanley has been wearing a blanket for more than a month now starting first with his fleece line medium blanket and quickly transitioning to his heavy winter blanket. We might need to add a fleece liner...soon. I truly do love cool fall weather and didn't mind that our summer was a little cooler than normal but it's quite chilly at the barn when the sun goes down. Tonight we went to the barn at 7:30. It was pitch black. Everywhere. The horses were already snug in their stalls and nickered softly when we came in - probably thinking we were bringing in treats - which we were! No more golden yellow summer days for a while...



Motocross: I have no idea who these guys are, I just like #193's race clothes. It's sort of a super colorful camo...maybe for hiding at a circus? LOL!




Motocross Boy says this is "Crozier". I have no idea who he is but I love this picture. Because of the angle and slope beyond the jump, this looks like an incredible jump. The reality is that this was one of the only jumps on the track last weekend and it wasn't all that big. It was technical though because the landing sloped down to the right and then went into a deep, very sandy turn. I also love that little orange tree hiding behind the pines!

Homeschooling: I honestly don't know how my kids can pull such tricks off at the last minute but both got all their school work done for the week. Last night Motocross Boy still had 2 days worth of school work and Equestian Girl was down to just a couple of assignments. When I called home at 1:30 Motocross Boy hadn't done anything. When I got home a little after 2 he still hadn't done anything because he had used up his allotment of internet time on his laptop and my laptop didn't like his math curriculum for some reason. Next thing I knew, he was done and actually did a fantastic job with his writing assignment and was laughing his butt off at his very creative sentences!


1 comment:

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's cold here too and it actually flurried a little yesterday. Can't believe it for October, the leaves aren't even off the trees yet! Stay warm.