Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Riding Lesson

A couple weeks ago Madison and I trailered the horses over to Sue's barn for a lesson with her.  I've never had all that many riding lessons.  Back when Madison first started riding I had a few here and there with Theresa but then when we left her barn, I really didn't ride all that much and I can't think of having any lessons there for a long time either.

When Maggie started using Mata Hari for beginner lessons, she offered me free lessons in exchange. I have had a few with her but most have been while she's also giving Madison a lesson so I'm not always learning what *I* need to learn but just joining in on her lesson du jour.

Back in June Sue came out to Maggie's barn to do lessons for 3 of us and I loved it.  So nothing like getting more and in a weird change of the norm, Madison took video of MY lessons!



I have a long way to go in my riding lessons but I've also come a long ways over the past two years from barely being able to post to the trot (the rising up in the saddle) to being able to canter half way decent and actually ask the horse to do more than just GO. Right now the focus is on me becoming a better rider. Mata Hari knows how to do all the stuff she needs to do from Madison.  I just need to improve my riding enough that I don't have to think so much about *me* and can then work on communicating better with my horse.

One night Madison and I had to stop at the barn to close up when were were dressed up from going out to dinner.  Selfie with her horse was in order!



No comments: