Saturday, August 11, 2018

Niece hike!

Spent time riding with the nephew and then it was time for a hike with my niece, Olivia!  She loves nature as much as I do but hadn't been on the nature trails at Kensington so off we went one nice evening!

We had to abandon my plan to take the "route less traveled" because of bugs but we still managed to get in a good hike and have fun!




Olivia is much more reserved than me when I'm having a hammy moment!


Terribly fuzzy picture but this was a wild turkey momma with her chicks crossing our path.


They headed down to the edge of the lake.


Momma was keeping a wary eye on us but didn't leave.  One of the babies flew up into a tree as we passed.


This red winged blackbird stayed right here on this rail as we passed by sooooo close!


This red-tailed hawk is at the nature center and is used for demonstrations.  I'm not sure why he's kept caged...maybe he was injured?



We were watching the

No comments: