Thursday, March 16, 2017

Semi-home Made Pot Stickers

I love pot stickers but since moving, I'm not close to any really good Asian markets that sell them freshly made so I've been stuck with the frozen versions.  They are okay but....

I came across this "bowl" thing in the produce section of the grocery store.  Hmmmm.  Maybe?

I cooked it according to the directions but left out the rice.  After letting it cool a bit, I dropped spoonfuls onto fresh Won Ton wrappers.



I was experimenting a bit with the shape.  The four sided shapes seemed to hold better than the triangles.

My intention was to be able to cook these in the Instant Pot for fast and easy.  I cooked the first batch that way and wasn't happy with them.  Tough and chewy.  Although I do think the cooking directions I followed allowed for way too much time.  Maybe less time would have worked but batch two I cooked the usual way with oil and water in a fry pan.  MUCH better.

I didn't take a picture because I had froze the leftovers as a "blob" so on defrosting, my cute little folds didn't hold so the result looked more like stir fry than pot sticker!!  But they tasted good and the few that still held some sort of shape were awesome.

No comments: