Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sunrises across Michigan

Over the past few months I've started this collection of sunrise pictures.  It started in June with this picture looking out over Grand Traverse Bay before an early morning meeting there.  A storm was moving in and the sky was dark but you could still see a tiny rim of the sunrise.


This one is still one of my favorites even though it was taken through my front windshield.  This is just after you go under Cobo Hall coming into Downtown Detroit.  The GM Renaissance Center is on the right.

 Considering I get up early for work every day, getting up early for a horse show isn't such a big deal any more.  We had just loaded Stanley into the trailer when I turned around and looking out over the arena, there was this awesome sunrise.  This would technically be Superior Township near Ann Arbor.

Moving back into Downtown Detroit (hey, I'm there early lots of mornings!), looking out over the Detroit River with several barges moving through, it wasn't much of a sunrise as just a magical looking morning.

I seem to catch a lot of great sunrises while driving to work in the morning...considering I leave for work at 6 and the sun rises just after that most of the summer, it seems to make sense.  This was driving down M-14 near Plymouth.

I love this one.  I left for Bellaire, MI at 4 am one morning.  I was about half way when I stopped at a rest stop and looked up to this magnificent scene.

Again on the way to work near Plymouth.  I thought there might be a fire burning at first but as it got a little higher it was very clear it was a beautiful sunrise.

I think this one is my favorite and it's about as close to home as I could get.  Just across the street looking out across Whitmore Lake.  This was again from my car window with my cell phone looking through the iron gate of the apartments that own this section of beach front.  Spectacular.

No comments: