1. How many countries do the Alps span?
2. What did DaVinci find in the rocks that made him think the mountains had come from the sea? ____________________________
3. Where did the rocks at the top of the Matterhorn mountain come from? ____________________________
4. The Tehys Ocean was between which two continents millions of years ago?
5. The Molass Basin was created from the tectonic shift of what? ______________________________
6. What filled in the Molass Basin north of the Alps?
7. How do glaciers turn the very bumpy rocks of the Alps into smooth rock?
8. During the last ice age, what covered the Alps leaving only the tips exposed? ________________________________
9. Global warming is melting the ice faster which will do what to the mountains? ________________________________________
10. In 200 Million years the Alps will be:
- 1/4 as tall as now
- 1/8 as tall as now
- 1/2 as tall as now
- 3/4 as tall as now
Being a homeschooler in MY homeschool isn't so easy!