Sunday, September 8, 2019

How does the garden grow?


I had one gardening goal this year - to get some sweet peas to grow here.  I had started some seeds last year and a couple small plants started growing.  I didn't have high hopes for them to come back but apparently they were biennials - I always thought they were annuals!

The ones growing along this little fence were those small plants that started last year and flowered quite nicely this year in front of the zinnia seeds I planted.



Zinnias make such pretty cut flowers. Just happy little faces!



I had also tossed a few sweet peas under the edge of the deck.  I didn't even notice that they had taken hold at all last fall. When they really started to take off I wasn't too prepared for them but found this wire mesh in the shed to staple to the deck.  I had to string up some wire to hold them up until they found their own grip but it worked!

Next year I think I'll get some chicken wire to run along this wall since I'm hoping they spread!



No comments: