Thursday, July 11, 2019

House project

This house came with ugly laminate countertops ringed with a just as ugly tile.  The edges of the countertop were wood - double yuck.  I had already painted the wood white when I painted the cabinets so it doesn't look quite as bad in the "before pictures" as it did originally.  



I bought this paint kit that transforms your countertops into looking like granite.  Kinda.  It's better than they were!!  Amazon - we love you.

First step was taping everything and then priming with black after I had used this bondo stuff to make sure the wood edges were smooth with the laminate.  


A few coats of paint later topped with a clear coat - and it's not looking too bad!




Remove all the tap and plastic and voila!  Done!  But now the faucet looks like crap...need to replace that too I guess!


No comments: