Saturday, July 13, 2019

Holland and Grand Rapids


I managed to turn a work trip into a little vacation in May.  It was the week following the Holland Tulip festival so I asked my friend Leslie (friends since 7th grade!) if she wanted to join me.  We spent two nights in Holland seeing tulips and visiting Lake Michigan.



The tulips were really at peak - even though it was post tulip festival time!


Can't go without seeing the windmill!


I have this same picture of Leslie...if I could find it!


The Lake Michigan shoreline in Holland.


Next stop was Meijer Gardens.  I have so many pictures from there that I just couldn't choose.  This is the huge Japanese garden.  Everything was blooming and was so pretty!  We also lucked out on weather as it just got nicer throughout the day.


The color was so vibrant!


Some cool indoor plants too!


We visited the Gerald R Ford presidential museum and then did a tour of a Frank Lloyd Wright house in Grand Rapids.


 It was such a great weekend!  Madison also joined us for the last night and we played some pinball!!

No comments: