Tuesday, January 8, 2019

In the "I DID IT MYSELF" Category...

A couple of week ago I got an error message on my 4 year old front load washer and it wouldn't run.  Ugh.  It was right before Christmas and I had just paid for the license plate tabs for all 3 cars.  And Madison's tuition for school.  The thought of paying to get the washer fixed just made me hyperventilate.  And I had some time.

First step, look up the error code.  Okay, it says there is a filter that's clogged. That sounded easy.  I've changed the air filter in my cars and truck before.  Second step, google the directions to do this.  I found a video - gotta love YouTube!

1. Remove 4 screws from the back at the top and take off the top.
2.  Remove more screws and remove the electronics panel at the top front.
3.  Remove more screws and remove the front while carefully removing the rubber gasket from the door and stuffing it inside.


 Three different types of screwdrivers later, I found the filter.  It's WAY back in there.  That made it pretty hard to unscrew that little handle and pull it out but with some yankee ingenuity, I got it.


And yeah, it was pretty clogged up and nasty!!  Not a total shock since I've washed more than a few horse pads and things with cat and dog hair on them.


After I got it all put back together (only needing help with the wire clamp because you just can't do it with 2 hands), I was super proud of myself!!  I'm sure a service call would have been $150+!

No comments: