Sunday, January 6, 2019

Christmas 2018





Both kids were 21 years old this Christmas...well, technically Madison didn't turn 21 until right after Christmas but still.  And its the first year EVER that I didn't take a single picture on Christmas morning.  What does that say?

A friend and I were riding our horses together on Christmas eve afternoon. We were the only ones at the barn.  We were talking about being at this awkward time in life where our kids are "grown up" with their own stuff to do but not old enough to have grandkids for us to spoil (not that we are in a hurry for that!!).  With Austin living with his buddy and Madison living with my parents, I really am sort of an empty nester...even if it's not full time with both of them showing up to stay now and then.

It's a little weird.  And a little nice.  I feel a little guilty,, but not too much.  I know I have this pocket of time right now where nobody needs me TOO much.  Kids are doing good, parents are getting along okay, and the job is fine.  I need to take advantage of this pocket of time...it won't last.

No comments: