Monday, August 22, 2016

Summer, friends and neighbors


One of my favorite things to make in the summer with fresh tomatoes is bruschetta.  Just tomatoes, onion, basil and garlic with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Nothing says summer better!!


We've had some whacky weather in Michigan this summer but they sure haven't hurt the sunsets!

Some of my bestest friends have been my friends for a VERY long time.  One of them, a friend since kindergarten, brought me this huge zinnia plant as a housewarming gift.  LOVE it!  Those flowers are the deepest, brightest orange I've ever seen!

And I have some pretty amazing neighbor's, too.  One is from Brazil and wanted me to try this special Brazilian cut of beef. I didn't know she was bringing me a whole dinner!  It was delicious!

No comments: