Friday, June 24, 2016

Making it mine...



Moving is never easy and it's especially hard after being in the same house for over 20 years.  It hasn't made it any easier doing it in little bits and spurts while I remodel the place.  But slowly, I've been bringing in MY stuff and making it mine.

Not sure why I felt so compelled to install my box wine in the fridge when I'm not sleeping there yet and I won't drink and drive but...there it is, in the place of honor on the top shelf!


I'm not even sure I remember the story correctly about these little ceramic dutch shoes...we either got them on a trip to Holland MI as kids and were my mom's or maybe my grandparents brought them back from Holland?  Either way, they've been fixtures in my life for a long time.


Nothing special about these canisters.  They were in the cottage when we bought it and I like the colors.  


This counter is holding the three staples required by any woman doing a remodeling project.  Her screw gun, caulk gun and coffee pot!  


I'm dying to paint that green wall in the kitchen but priorities necessitate the order.  All the closets needed to get done first so I have places to actually PUT stuff that is up off the floor since that is getting done last. That includes painting the laundry room since that room will also be a big closet temporarily. Unfortunately, the floors will be put in about 2 weeks later than I had hoped messing up my schedule somewhat but so goes the best laid plans.

Master bedroom and bathroom came next and are done since I'll be "living" in those rooms for a couple of weeks.  Austin painted his room but I still need to go back and do the trim.  Madison's room will be after that is done unless she does it herself.  From there it's on to the living/dining room.  Those rooms will go relatively fast and I should have them done before the floors are put in - especially if I'm living there and can work at night.  LAST is the kitchen since there's very little that needs to be moved but it's all smaller spaces and can be done in sections without much worry of keeping a wet edge.  So for a while, the green and red kitchen will stay...

No comments: