Monday, September 30, 2013

Organizing and Painting

More than 10 years ago we remodeled the kitchen which also included the back foyer.  Scott built these shelves to replace what had been a closet in a different place facing the opposite direction. They are trimmed in hickory but the bases are just plywood.  They have been the repository of junk and completely disorganized for many years.  I even hung a "curtain" in front to hide them.

Over several weekends I worked.  First emptying them, then priming and painting.


I found clear plastic bins at Costco that would keep things contained but still let you see what was in them.  The baskets are old.  And everything fits!  I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out.  I don't think I even need to hang the curtain back up now!

Going around the corner, I painted this wall and the next one the same color as the shelves.  I love the color.  

Too bad I'm going to have to redo it.  It just doesn't go right with the kitchen counters which have more blue...ugh.  

No comments: