Sunday, January 23, 2011

Brrrrrrr it's cold out baby!

I like winter.  I like snow.  I even like it being pretty cold.  But single digits...not so much so.  With a whopping high of 9 degrees yesterday, staying inside seemed like a good idea.  I had stocked up on the groceries and decided I was going to cook.  I was going to prep 30 meals in freezer bags come hell or high water or bitter cold.  I've done it before and I was doing it again.  And I did.

I made use of the bitter cold too.  Figured there was no point in putting all those room temp bags of food in my freezer right away and making it work 10 times as hard to freeze all that food so...


Yes, that's bags of dinners laying outside my back door - you can see the edge of my truck tire at the top left of the pic and yesterday's ran over newspaper!  Tossing that stuff outside on that cold concrete had it all frozen up right quick!  My freezer was quite happy with me.  I stocked her chock full but with nice cold stuff that she didn't have to freeze for me.

But now I have 30 meals ready to go with all the ingredients packaged right up with the meat.  Many are crock pot meals but not all.  And of course, some will need added veggies, rice, noodles, etc.  Today I have a few more to do.

The funny thing yesterday was the temp in the house had fallen to 62 degrees while I was cooking but I never noticed until I was done and sat down and then man o' man was the house freezing!!

No comments: