Friday, June 28, 2013

Cooking

I have a love-hate relationship with cooking.  I like to eat.  I don't like to cook.  It just seems so futile to put all that work into creating meals and then POOF!  They are all gone.  On the other hand, I do like to eat healthy and spending a ton of money to eat out all the time is much more objectionable than cooking.  So I cook.  I don't bake.  I just cook and preferably, recipes with as few ingredients as possible but not short on taste.

Sweet potato Chili with avocado

For the past six months or so I've been using eMeals.  There are several things I like about eMeals besides having a variety of choices as to they types of meals on your menu and that each weekly menu comes with a grocery list.  I like that the recipes focus on seasonal vegetables and fruits and plenty of them.  I like that even the "Simple Gourmet" is fairly low fat/calorie and the stuff actually tastes really good.  I like that there's usually one vegetarian meal and one fish meal.

Garlic noodles with asparagus

I don't like that it doesn't give me a shopping list for all the other crap I have to buy at the grocery store besides those 7 meals...why can't they include toilet paper???

Raspberry Spinach Salad

Some of the meals are a little TOO healthy for Scott and Motocross Boy/Man.  I make those when it's just Equestrian Girl and I at home.  We like stuff like that.




No comments: