Friday, May 31, 2013

Missing in Action....

Yes, I've been missing again for a while but this time I have a better reason.  Between working, horse shows, motocross races and daily living, I had to have hip surgery.    It's called Femoral Acetabular Impingement - they really don't know if it's a congenital thing that you are born with or if it comes from injuries.  They do see it most often in younger, athletic types.  I'm neither.  But I was one of those types quite some time ago so maybe I just held out on the pain for longer than usual.  What I don't think is that it's from riding horses.  I really don't.  If it's FROM anything, I think it might be from running back in my 30's.



I started a new blog to describe my journey with FAI.  It will be an honest description of what I went through and what I'm going through as I recuperate.  Mostly this is for my own use since I'll have to have my other hip done at some point but if it also helps others, that's good too.  Here is a link:  My FAI Blog

1 comment:

OnTheBit said...

Glad you have at least been feeling good enough to blog, even if it is elsewhere. I hope your husband and kids are taking good care of you! Get well soon!