Sunday, October 28, 2012

This fall with hardly any horse shows and only a few motocross races wasn't supposed to be that busy.  I'm not sure what the heck happened but I haven't been able to catch my breath and I even took 4 days off work this month so I wouldn't lose them.  Whew.



It was a beautiful fall even if we did have quite a bit of rain.  We needed it after the draught we had this summer.  Now it seems there's a hurricane bearing down on the east coast and another cold front coming in from the northwest that will end up creating a monster that they are calling "Frankenstorm".  It will hit just before Halloween.  Here in Michigan we won't be affected much but they are now forecasting snow for Monday and Tuesday nights.  Not unheard of to have a little snow before Halloween but certainly not welcome yet!

We seem to be the family of aches and pains lately too with only Equestrian Girl escaping.  Motocross Boy/Man took a bad crash a couple of weeks ago ending his season a week early with a badly bruised shoulder - luckily it wasn't broken.  Scott has been nursing a torn labrum in his shoulder and will have surgery in a couple of weeks.  I've been having terrible pain in my hips for months now and finally have a tentative diagnosis of "femoral ace tabular impingement".  I'll start physical therapy soon for that and my shoulder which is probably a rotator cuff injury.  

And all the while we continue to school the kids, take care of the horse, pack away the bikes for winter, and hope that life slows down just a little soon!

No comments: