Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving


While I really do feel we have a lot to be thankful for, Thanksgiving around our house is pretty low key.  It still involves a lot of cooking which I spent most of the morning doing - including making up some stuff for the coming weeks but once it was all prepped and the turkey in the oven, Equestrian Girl and I gathered up some treats for Stanley and headed to the barn.  I'm not sure he was as happy to see us as we were to see him but the carrots made up for it.

We had a nice ride and then headed for home as Scott called us to say the meat thermometer buzzer had gone off on the turkey.  It had only been 2 hours - no way!  Sure enough, it wasn't done so I popped it back in the oven and got busy with the mashed potatoes.  An hour later and that meat thermometer, which I had moved to the breast was still showing the same temp! What the...oh.  The oven was off.  I had never checked it when I put the turkey back in.  So we did a little speed roasting and used the microwave to finish it off.  From the looks on the faces below, I don't think it mattered.

No comments: