Thursday, April 21, 2011

Homeschooling Curriculum

As most people are thinking about the end of the school year, I'm just gearing up. Why?  Because my favorite curriculum goes on sale in April.  It's 20% off plus FREE shipping.  That's a huge savings!  Most of their other sales are only 12% off...tempting but worth waiting for 20%.

products.php.jpg

I had a lot to buy too.  Equestrian Girl will be done with just about everything this summer with only the next level of Language Arts to move up to.  So here's what I bought:

Biology
World Geography
Physical Fitness (who says homeschooled kids don't get gym!)
Consumer Math
Personal Financial Literacy
Composition

All are Switched on School House except for Composition which is AOP's LifePac .  LifePac is more of a workbook type curriculum rather than computer based.  There's just something about Composition that to me needs to be handwritten, not typed on a computer.  I'll probably regret that decision because the kids will most likely disagree being the little computer geeks that they are but I had to try.

I'm actually quite excited about the Consumer Math and Personal Financial Literacy.  I think every kid should be taking both of those and especially those who have little to no aptitude for managing money.  (No Motocross Boy, I'm not really talking about you! Ahem.)

I'm also geeked about World Geography.  I love geography and it seems we've spent FOREVER on US Geography.  And not that it's all great and everything but I'm dying to move on around the globe about now.  I'll finally get to hang up my National Geographic World map again!!  Though I should probably think about getting a new one.  I think my version still shows the Berlin Wall...LOL!


No comments: