Friday, November 26, 2010

The Perks of Horse Showing

A LOT of time and effort goes into showing horses (not to mention money).  We work really hard all summer keeping Stanley conditioned and in great form for every show.  It pays off immediately when we see the blue ribbons roll in at each show but the BIG perks come at the awards banquet.

Last Sunday was the awards banquet for the open series we do:  Spur of the Moment Horse Club.  This is the series that both me and Equestrian Girl showed in and had a blast!

The tables were overflowing with booty!


The kids were joined by Slick Girl on the left to check people in and give them door prize tickets.  Stephanie, the treasurer for the club kept a close eye on them!

Equestrian Girl getting one of her favorite awards - a framed professional photo collage of her and Stanley at one of the shows this summer.

I was very proud of Equestrian Girl and Slick Girl for not being afraid to get up in front the microphone to announce the winning door prize numbers!  Most kids HATE public speaking (most adults too) even if it is to just announce numbers.  So much for my kids being sheltered home schoolers!

Equestrian Girl won a ton of stuff including jackets, sheets, stadium chair, etc., but she was also the BIG winner - she was the overall Pleasure Champion and was awarded the huge tack trunk with the embroidered top in bright pink!

I didn't make out so bad either.  I won a hat can, a framed photo of me and Stanley showing, and this embroidered horse sheet - which we REALLY needed so I was glad we won 2 of them.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow - nice score on all that loot! :-) I think it is great that you won something too!

I love the tack trunk... I saw a similar one on smartpakequine.com for $225!!!