Sunday, August 9, 2020

Memorial Day Weekend

We made it to summer!!  Spring under Covid lockdown was sloooooooow and while we still are far from being out of the woods, small gatherings were being allowed with the preference for being outside.  So Carrie had us all over for a traditional Memorial Day BBQ!

Garry and I were there ready to enjoy the sunshine and hot weather.


My sister has started making hats and brought out one for my mom to try to keep the sun out of her eyes.  She loved modeling it!


She didn't have another home made one but this straw hat for me worked pretty good!


Later, Garry and I went hiking an spotted this HUGE woodpecker!  It's hard to tell from the photo but this breed is the size of a very large crow.


And we spotted a turkey.


An amazing sunset.


Tracks that led to the lake.



And some sandhill cranes that had to walk around us because we didn't move!


The daisies were starting to bloom.


As well as this other white flower - although I'm not sure what it is.  Overall - a pretty perfect long weekend!


No comments: