Sunday, December 29, 2019

Fall - Winter - Fall


I've made it a point to do a LOT more hiking and walking this fall.  And I've had some amazing days and some that were rather dismal but at the end, I always feel better for having gone out and exercised my body and mind.

We had some really pretty fall days this year.  This was on the Milford Trail.


Photos of fall colors just never do them justice.


The next couple are from one of the paved trails at Kensington.  We'd had some rain and the nature trails were pretty muddy.



And then all the sudden it was winter!  This stick measure was after about 3 hours of snow. We ended up closer to 8 inches!


All shoveled by hand - I think I went out 4-5 times so I was only doing a few inches each time. The first layer was pretty heavy and wet but then the temp dropped and the rest was pretty light and fluffy.


A few days later I sent to Huron Metro Park in Brighton.  It was beautiful in that "post snow sunny day" kind of way.


The following weekend, we still had snow on the ground and I met up with Madison in Ann Arbor to go for a hike at Nichols.


Silly girls doing selfies on the trail!


Back to Kensington on the east side for a sunset walk.


With my shadow blending in with the shadow of the tree behind me!  I love the color of this long grass.


And the color of these berries always gives such a nice pop of color -, especially on sunny days!


No comments: