Friday, January 20, 2012

Baking? Me?

I had to bring something to the IEA bake sale for a fund raiser.  I don't really bake.  My mom and sister bake.  I buy.  Well I compromised on these fancy chocolate dipped rice crispy treats. I stole the idea from a blog that plans parties and I apologize but I can't give credit because I can't find it again now.  But the idea is to stick a rice crispy treat on a stick and dip it in chocolate and add sprinkles.

Knowing my talent for baking and that rice crispy treats often come out rather soft and "floppy" until they sit for a couple of days (time I didn't have), I hit Costco for a big box of the pre-wrapped kind.  All perfectly cut rectangles and just the right firmness.

I DID melt my own chocolate (admitting I messed up one bag of the white chocolate and burned it in the microwave! which explains why there isn't very many white or pink ones) and I did add the sprinkles and crushed heath bar stuff that looks like peanuts.

Then I had to wrap the darn things.  They were for individual sales at a horse show - so not the cleanest environment (though compared to other facilities we've been, this one is pristine).  I didn't have much ribbon so I had to split the ribbon in half and still ran out.  I had some white ribbon that was pretty wide so that got split into thirds.  Sigh.  But I got them done and they did turn out looking quite good!  Sales weren't as brisk as I had hoped but in the end they were all gone and I came home with just a bunch of empty mason jars.

No comments: