Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cedar Point - Halloweekend

Every year Cedar Point opens for weekends in October and has lots of haunted attractions on top of the usual rides.  We picked October 8 and I drove down with Equestrian Girl and her buddy A.  The weather was perfect!  High 70's with NO humidity and that hint of a fall chill in the air.  What we didn't plan on was everyone else thinking it was a PERFECT day to visit Cedar Point.  Our first clue came when we were still about 15 miles away and traffic started CRAWLING.  We were hoping it was construction and not park traffic.  We were wrong.  We had planned on being there around noon. It was closer to 2:00.  We took this picture right after we got there to send to A's mom telling her we finally made it!  They were so excited!



This was later at night - on one of the last rides.  I didn't go on this one.  I'm not big on having my feet dangling when I'm spinning around 100 feet in the air.  

The best part of the night couldn't be photographed - it was in one of the haunted houses - a haunted toy factory actually.  Poor Equestrian Girl got herself so worked up I'm surprised she didn't wet her pants.  At one point a "scary guy" merged in behind them, right in front of me, and was trying to sneak up behind the girls to scare them - and they were hanging on to each other for dear life with their hoods up over their heads.  Since the scary guy couldn't manage to squeeze between them (they thought it was me), he went around to the outside and popped up in A's face!  I was laughing so hard since it still took them a minute to realize it wasn't ME!  Then I was sure they were going to go right through the wall.  Oh my.  I never laughed so hard...

No comments: