Saturday, August 13, 2011

A really fun horse show!

For starters, the weather wasn't as hot and humid as it had been so while it still WAS hot and humid, it didn't feel all that horrible.

Next, I got to sit down.  Twice.

And my good friend Audine and her daughter showed up to watch in the afternoon!!!  It was so fun to have them there even if they had no idea what we were doing.

This is one of the times I got to sit down.  Equestrian Girl took a picture to memorialize the occasion since it doesn't happen much at shows.

My walk/trot class was HUGE!  There were 9 riders this time - our biggest ever.

And I got to compete against fellow show-Mom Brenda (behind me to the left) and our friend Rachel on Sheri's horse Wally.

But best of all was that I won Equitation for the first time EVER!!!!  I'm gettin' gooooood.  LOL!


But not as good as Equestrian Girl who rocked her classes and took advantage of the "jackets optional because of the heat".  She was the only one who didn't wear a jacket and still won.

I love this pic - they were just about to start the trail pattern and it seriously looks like Stanley is studying the layout of those poles and planning his approach.

Equestrian Girl also rocked horsemanship in her plain white shirt.

And that concludes our Spur of the Moment shows for the season.  I'm pretty sure Equestrian Girl wrapped up the year end high point in several classes and I should have it in Pleasure and Trail for sure.  Now for the banquet in November!

No comments: