Monday, July 27, 2020

And winter turned into spring...slowly but surely


Everyone was doing their best to social distance and get outside as much as possible since it was pretty much the only place that was safe without a mask.

My sister, Carrie, and niece, Olivia, even started hiking.


Some days didn't look so good for hiking but I went anyway.  And sometimes it was still beautiful.


I started to get Garry to go out with me - and he found that he actually liked it - except when he would get cold!


We started to see more wildlife as the weather got warmer and would actually walk up on quite a few deer and get fairly close.


Until they'd turn tail and head into the woods.


There was just that tiny hint of green giving faith that spring was coming.


Although some parts of the trail were still pretty bleak even on bright days.


And then you'd come upon these tiny signs of spring - these water plants unfurling their leaves in such an unusual way.


They reminded me of dancers.


My neighbor Roberta and her son got bored and learned to bake bread bringing me a fresh loaf every few days!  It was so good!


And then I got bored staring out the window in front of my desk that only had a view of the neighbor's shed roof and sky. So I decided both kids, who no longer live here, didn't need separate bedrooms and combined them to make a single guest room and converted the front bedroom with TWO windows into my office.  Ahh. Much better!


 Before long, it was warming up and then the green came...but the covid still didn't leave.


No comments: