Tuesday, September 8, 2020

A Covid Summer Trip

 Garry and I had been dating almost six months when I found out he had never been "up north"!  Born and raised in Detroit, he has done a bit of traveling, but never to the top of the mitten.  Of course, this set me off on planning a trip to the north woods that would let me revisit some of my favorite places while adding in some new one for both of us.  

We took off on a Wednesday afternoon and made Gaylord our first stop to meet up with my friend Shelley and her husband Dan. Before Covid hit, we had picked up a chandelier for them (purchased online) that they had planned to get from me...and then couldn't because of this delightful pandemic.  But since we were going to be sort of in their neighborhood, we arranged to meet up with them. Which of course, required the obligatory photo!


Next stop - destination Mackinaw City!  We arrived around dinner time so after getting checked into the hotel, we walked into town for dinner and then through the marina where we found "our" boat.


A nice little beauty, aye?  We had fun texting pics to friends to show them what we had just "bought"!


We had booked a hotel on the beach hoping for a relaxing view of the water.  Well, the hotel room didn't have much of a view but this little slice of beach was good for our beach chairs, a beer, and a glass of wine before sunset.


Tomorrow - destination Mackinac Island!  Via ferry, not the bridge, but I didn't take a pic of the ferry! 



No comments: