Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Nature on the Trails

Some days on the trails I don't see much more than squirrels and birds. And then other days I get lucky!

After the snow melted and we got back to fall, I had a particularly lucky day at Kensington.  First were the wild turkeys.



Next was the rather allusive albino deer.  She was a good ways down a ravine so the picture is rather blurry but I was excited just to see her!


This little herd of 4 is easier to catch.  They are very frequently is this field in the late afternoon and you can get relatively close to them.  I call them my "deer friends".

 
The view of the lake from this point always gives me a thrill but especially on a nice day.


Swans mate for life and this one was alone, sitting asleep on the ice.  I felt sad for her.


Animals of the human type - I thought this little boy and his grandfather were adorable with their matching walking sticks!


 A few days later we were back to a bit of snow - all lake effect snow for the most part - and hit the mountain bike trails at Milford for about 7 miles worth of hiking.







No comments: