Friday, November 29, 2013

Racing at Freelin


It's no secret that watching motocross scares me.  Watching through my camera lens helps.  I can take a couple hundred pictures in a single race that only lasts about 6 minutes.  A good chunk of them don't turn out all that great but that's the beauty of digital photography.  Delete.

Freelin is one of my favorite tracks for taking pictures.  There are several different spots where I can go for a different view of the track and I can see almost all of it from any one spot.

There are several spots where I'm very close to the track.

The big concrete pipe you see just to the right of Austin's front tire is actually a tunnel under the track.  It's over 5 ft high - I can walk through without ducking.


One could think that a shot like this was on purpose.  It wasn't.  Austin is in the background in perfect focus.  The other guy photobombed me.  It happens quite a bit since the track criss crosses back and forth.

Arial shots like this are actually the easiest to catch sometimes so long as I know where he is and that he'll be coming over the hill soon.  


And of course, my big ham loves to be interviewed by the announcer and didn't even notice me taking this one!



No comments: